Monday, March 1, 2010

A fairly atypical day

Today has been...interesting to say the least. Not like I would ever post something mundane on a blog, but relatively today has been off-kilter in many respects.
I needed to get all of my props in for my mock beauty pageant today, so I had my mom drive me to school. I go into the school carrying a chair with a white sheet draped over it tied with a black ribbon (A couch) and a box packed with stuffed animals to bring into E.W.'s room given that she's the director and could keep my props in her room. Come ten minutes of wandering the school looking for her because the door is locked, I find out that she isn't even in the school nor will be today! I finally dunk everything down in the auditorium with C.Q. and go off for breakfast.
Come Global Religions, we get the entire lab today because of a massive storm on Thursday night causing school to be cancelled on Friday. While this couldn't be better, I finished my project for Global Religions on Wednesday because I know the religion I'm doing so well. I go into Chinese and absolutely own the entire class because it's just answering a bunch of random questions about jobs and banks. Come Chorus class, I was off in singing but I really didn't care.
One of my friends K.B. and I are deciding to do a duet for a Cabaret show in a few weeks and to surprise our friends by doing one of the group's favourite songs together. The problem is that I'm a bass and have to sing the part of a tenor for the song. I'm planning on knocking all of my notes down an octave so I can actually sing the song without straining myself. Finally comes Humanities. We get the lab again for the entire block for the same reason as Global Religions!
So come mock beauty pageant rehearsal. I had to create a dance routine for the talent portion that I really dislike because the song is one that I've heard my entire life and E.W. has managed to badger me into doing it compared to bellydancing. I go onstage not knowing the dance because it was just created and a minute into the dance I get screamed off for not knowing the stupid thing and told to go print out the routine and practice. A half hour later filled with trying various computers across the school, I give up and go back to rehearsal. We're now on dream date, which my partner and I totally rocked if it weren't for E.W. interrupting us every other line to ask us about every little piece to it without waiting for the answer to her question like two lines later. A.H. my partner and I are kind of frustrated but now we have the scene down really well.
Along this entire rehearsal, A.H. and I are busy talking in the back of the auditorium about the people there. We've came to a consensus that the other director D.M. is flamboyantly gay and one of my cast members E.C. is extremely bisexual. If we use a scale of 1 to 6, 1 being extremely straight 6 being extremely gay D.M. would be a screaming 6, I would be about a 4.75 and E.C. would be a solid 3. It really amuses me especially because I see all of the other male cast members always touching each other and joking about it while considering themselves straight while I'm the only person there who's openly gay and refuses to touch any of the guys without any solid reason. You'd imagine all of these guys would be less... obnoxious and climbing all over each other because that would be portrayed as incredibly gay but no, they just bounce around smacking each other around while I'm sitting with a couple girls laughing my ass off at all of them.
I finally go home after a three and a half hour rehearsal covering two of the major scenes (most of it being the directors yelling at us for the questions being answered two lines later) extremely wiped. Good news is that I got a haircut which looks awesome and I have hair dye for tomorrow's escapade! I'm really excited for it and can't wait to see everyone looking at me this week where I come into school with something new added on every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment