Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rehearsal

This week has been...insane. I really have no idea how to describe it except for insane. At the very least we've been staying in school rehearsing until 6pm every night this week, most of which is involving our director yelling at us. Yesterday was the worst, though. I didn't get home until about 10pm, the director was full-on screaming at us for the most ridiculous reasons. By the time we were finished my mom picked me up and we went out to a Japanese restaurant just to relax and calm down because my stress level was through the roof. All of us are exhausted now because very few of us have gotten any kind of sleep. As I type I'm yawning and starting to space out. It's pretty bad.
Today has been possibly the best one, though! I'm so happy about it and so thankful to the gods for today because yesterday was just ghastly. Our angry director was off at some meeting all day so our nice director started to take over again. All of the acts went smoothly, everyone was happy, and we got out at like 6:45 for an entire runthrough! That includes all of us going and a few breaks in between. Few breaks being about 15 minutes each. So for us starting at 3:30 with at least 45 minutes cumulative breaktime, that is really solid for a hell week rehearsal. I'm very happy about it.
Our director today told us that our shirts for the dance routine are in the gym during a break, so all of the contestants and the hosts and some sponsors did a mass-field trip over there. Of course, the shirts weren't there but we had a lot of fun just running around together as we went on a treasure hunt throughout the P.E. department. After a while we gave up, whereupon I mention that I have dinner in my locker that my mom was great enough to give to me this morning. The entire horde immediately ran to my locker and the second I pulled out the bag I was besieged by a mob of hungry contestants and a hostess. It looked like something out of Mean Girls when Cady imagines all the people acting like animals. I was greatly amused. A few minutes later, all of us are sitting in the lobby of the auditorium having a picnic of lunchables and goldfish. It was a great bonding experience and I'm very happy for today going so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment