Saturday, February 20, 2010

Vacations are odd

The time I've spent back home has been...interesting. Ever since I got back from my college tour I've been stuck in this really odd mix between crazy amounts of action and sitting around blankly staring at my laptop. Not that I really mind, given that it's vacation, but I really just want to hang out with friends. Which is true in some respects, I'm spending at least a couple hours every day with one of my closest friends.
I posted this about a month ago, I'm in a major production done entirely by the junior class for my school. It's a mock beauty pageant with men as contestants and women as their sponsors. My friend A.H. is my sponsor and we're planning on using all of our acts to use tons of ironic humor and trashing eHarmony. I'm pretty excited for it! I've been meeting with A.H. constantly to go over the scripts and see what we want to do. Tons of work involved, I only hope that I make it all work within two weeks. Our show will be on March 5th.
And if the pageant isn't anymore crazy on my schedule, I have to create a bunch of projects for all of my classes! For my Chinese class I have to create a family tree and for Chorus I have to create a poster about the songs I find inspirational and why. You'd probably wonder why my Chinese project is going to be easy but strangely enough it isn't. My family has a very extensive history of people getting divorced, remarried and having more kids on both sides. This wasn't bad at first until my dad decided it would be a great idea to marry someone from rural Finland. Because of that, the amount of members in my family literally doubled. That's only the people I know of when it comes to my immediate family. When my step-mom was counting off the people in her immediate family she got up to 50 before she lost count. I am seriously disturbed by that. Fortunately, my teacher decided to give me a break and chop off my step-family because she knows how extensively my family travels. I still have to learn all of these characters to do my family tree, half of which she hasn't taught us before vacation began. I tried asking J.A. if she taught the class anything on Friday (I was already in Chicago then), he had no idea what to do either and we decided together we're all going to fail.
I think I'm going to play it nicely with these projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment