Saturday, February 6, 2010

Family Meetings Confuse Me...

So here I am, now at my dad's house. It's pretty much in the middle of nowhere (Like it takes half an hour to get to the nearest shopping center. Not city, just little plaza place.) so I tend to spend quality splurge time here given that I rarely eat anything substantial or sleep at all when I'm at my mom's house. I don't mean that in a "My mom's house is so crazy, I can't eat or sleep there" way, it's just that my mom and I tend to forget about eating and sleeping together until like 11 at night where we just look up at each other and are like, "Did you have dinner?" "I dunno, did you have lunch?" "...I'm not sure..." then completely forget about the conversation for another hour.
But I digress...
So today I decided to crawl out of bed around 11 after some random helicopters decided to have a sexy party outside my house. I spent a few hours lounging around the house rereading The Child Thief by Brom when my brother Dale decided to call saying he and his girlfriend are coming over for dinner.
Now, this is my brother who has been the family slut for the past decade, who has barely kept a girlfriend for over a month at a time and has sworn off girlfriends for the past 3 and a half years. All of a sudden in November he just popped out of the woodwork bursting with joy screaming, "I GOT A GIRLFRIEND!!!" This is my reaction:

So we had dinner together. It was painfully obvious that she wasn't acting her true personality in front of my dad and stepmom, but no one seemed to care. I think that my parents were so happy to see that my brother has a girlfriend that they really don't care by how bad an actor she is. She knew that I knew, so she really didn't say a word to me. Oddly enough, by the end she hugged me and said she hoped to see me again. My immediate reaction was: "Yeah, uh huh. We're meeting someplace else so I can see who you really are." So, when I was talking to my dad and stepmom they were asking me what I thought of her and I was like "I haven't... made a full first impression yet." trying not to talk about how she was totally faking that personality. I mean, she probably has a real sweet side to her that she can whip out, but I know that isn't what she's usually like once you get to really know her. Maybe I'm just being overprotective of my brother?
Oh, by the way, the song of the day is "You Don't Dream in Cryo" from the Avatar soundtrack, composed by James Horner.

No comments:

Post a Comment