Tuesday, February 23, 2010

So, we have 7 more rehearsals to get everything down before the mock beauty pageant next Friday. The directors right now are freaking out because most of us don't have pretty much anything ready. Really, all most of us have done is the scripts done, and we don't know them that well. The directors decided to spend most of the time for today's rehearsal lecturing us to get everything done. Well, one director (who's a senior at the school) decided to lecture us, the other director (who's been a teacher at the school since forever and has taken over the directing job for the pageant this year because the original director is on maternity leave) decided to sit around nodding and agreeing with everything the senior director said. While this would normally be a pretty decent idea, we missed about an hour out of a two hour rehearsal listening to this lecture. I'm all for them lecturing us, I actually encourage it! It's really the only way they can do a huge motivator to the cast without cancelling the stupid show, because anything else will really not work! They just beat the lecturing down on us to the point where beating a dead horse sounds like a fun pastime to start up! I'm just going to act all cheery despite how the two directors are rampaging around now, may as well be the happy person in the cast to save everyone an ulcer.
This week so far has been extremely uneventful. J.A. has proven to be an extremely uninteresting person, so I'm just going to not chase after him. For example, anything I try on him will just be shrugged off with a lazy smile and an "okay." While I could do something more like maybe climb on him and say something extremely sexy in his ear, we mainly see each other in our Chinese classroom. I'm not so sure what you think, but I consider that a pretty bad idea given that he and I are obviously extremely shy people by nature. I don't feel like causing someone to have a mental breakdown in the middle of class and someone else a nosebleed from seeing some guy straddling another guy. My school is not the best place to try that.
Also, all of my classes are pretty much finishing up the first section of their units, so I have many essays to write and quizzes to study for. I'm not that excited about it, BUT! My friend K.B. and I are both in chorus class! While already awesome, our class is putting on a cabaret in a few weeks based off of broadway songs, so K.B. and I are singing the Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge! It works for both of us, because we love this song and I'm in the bass section while she's a soprano. In music terms, the bass section are the people who can sing the lowest out of the chorus and the sopranos are the people who can sing the highest. As you can imagine, basses are typically male while sopranos are typically female. I'm pretty excited about this, but I'm so not looking forward to the huge amounts of work I have to do nowadays.

For the song of the day, because I'm having a bitchload of trouble getting this clip ready for the mock beauty pageant, the song of the day is I Will Always Love You by Whitney Houston http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yTrBbHCMDk

1 comment:

  1. I lurv KB! =3 Tell her I said hi.

    And, for the love of GOD, man, you're a stereotype... Whitney Houston...

    ReplyDelete