Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This groove is for my girls, little boys little girls

I'm disappointed. The season finale for RuPaul's Drag Race happened tonight. I was rooting for Jujube this entire time, but Tyra won. I'm happy for her in the fact that now she can take care of her 5-year-old son, but seriously? Tyra is good at drag, yes, but Jujube has way more personality and pep than Tyra! Tyra was on the bottom of my list out of Raven, Jujube, and Tyra when it comes to actual drag. Raven is talented and amazing in her style of drag and was able to stretch into different areas very well, Tyra can only really do glamour and ghetto drag. Jujube is fabulous and can work everything she does, her only downfall is when she freezes up! I'm just... miffed at that.
BUT! Today I got to hang out with K.J. in Boston! I was phenomenally excited to hang out with her for the first time since I hugged her goodbye before getting onto the shuttle to the airport in Chicago. It was college fair, so both of our schools headed into Boston for it. I called her this morning being all like "Hey, you going to college fair?" and she was like "YES." so we bounced around screaming over the phone. Up until I got on the bus to Boston I was bubbling with excitement. I was pretty much hugging everyone with excitement and screaming for no reason. (If you can't tell by now, K.J. is one of my closest friends who knows virtually everything about me and what I've done.) After a ton of shenanigans with guidance and other people in my class who are being suspended, I walked into the World Trade Center in Boston for the College Fair. I wandered around a while, then I eventually called her. She was at the opposite end of the entire room (all of the colleges are in this one room, it looks like a dealer's room at a convention but much more boring), so I booked it over there.
So there I was, standing around waiting for her to show up. I actually decided to look at the booth I'm near, and there was this one girl bickering with the person running the booth. She turns around, then we blankly stare at each other for a few seconds. Once we realized that she's K.J. and I'm Alex, I'm pretty damn sure J.A. fell over from the sheer volume of our screams from across the entire hall. Thus begins our two hours together!

The song of the day, in honour for RuPaul's Drag Race Season 2, is Ladyboy by RuPaul herself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C80DJibiAE

No comments:

Post a Comment