Saturday, April 10, 2010

I wanted to say

This week was filled with me running around. Not even beginning to lie at all.
So with my depression project I decided to start working with the beating-down-the-health-teachers piece by talking to the math department. My idea was to talk with them and create a program for the students taking statistics to give out a survey to the school about how students would feel about a public speaker at their school. However, it turns out the students in the statistics classes already picked their surveys and starting to work on them. If I wanted to continue working with the math department I'd have to wait over a month for the seniors to leave (there's only like two juniors in the statistics classes so there'd be gobs upon gobs of free time for the teachers.) So that was a fail.
In better news, I talked with my teachers about talking to my classes about me being gay for Day of Silence next week because I would be across the country when DoS comes around. The teachers loved that idea, so on Thursday I talked to my Global Religions and Chinese II classes. The extremely weird thing is that the students rarely ever listen to someone speaking at the front of the class, so when I got up there and started talking I did NOT expect everyone to be paying full attention to me. It felt so weird, because all of the other times I spoke- even if the students were being graded on what I said for projects and stuff - no one ever payed attention. The hugest shock was my Chinese class because everyone in the class is notorious for being crazy ADD and beating each other up but when I looked around while speaking there was not one person who was fixated on what I said. I think a couple even cried. It was so weird!!!
The weirder part is that the next day (yesterday), I was in my Chinese class working on some worksheet when my teacher walked up and asked me what lunch I had (my school has three lunches, students are assigned to one of the lunches depending on what teacher they had). When I said I had third lunch, she got really disappointed for a couple seconds then had a sudden thought. "What class do you have before lunch?"
"Chorus."
"What would you say if I take you out of Chorus and you speak to the foreign language department about what you spoke about yesterday?"
So I was dragged out of Chorus to talk to a bunch of teachers about my experiences being gay. I'd say it went pretty well, I managed to say what I wanted to say and they got what they wanted to hear. Thursday and Friday just confused the hells out of me..

Because of the weirdness that went on, the song of the day is "Smashing the Opponent" by Infected Mushroom!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAwIpOnzN8M

No comments:

Post a Comment