Friday, April 16, 2010

Los Angeles

So right now I'm in Los Angeles college touring, if you can call it that. Our original intention is to tour California State University- Fullerton, but today we got distracted and went to Universal Studios as well.
I must say, Universal is one of my favourite amusement parks ever. It doesn't have many attractions, but the ones they do have are incredible. That is, except the House of Horrors. My dad went in it a couple years ago and was bored, so today I went in with my mom out of sheer boredom. Most of its fear more derived from people jumping out of hiding. Knowing this would happen because this always happens in haunted houses, I did the wise/sketchy way to stay safe: Hung around a couple feet behind the group in front of me. Because the monsters would notice them first and go for them, I was safe nearly the entire time. That didn't stop me from holding my water bottle out as a weapon, though! It was really pathetic- a teenage male scrunching behind a couple, dragging his mother behind him so she doesn't lag behind, and holding out a water bottle as if it would pose any threat to the monsters. I actually did use it a couple times, that is when they decided to go for me I would scrunch down like a turtle and flail my water bottle around like I was having a grande mal seizure. The house itself was fairly nondescript except for one part when we were in Frankenstein's lab and his monster leaped out from behind a pillar. Knowing this would happen, I had no reaction. The girl in front of me, however, fell over screaming and knocked over the walkway fence. I nearly fell over laughing at her.
Also at Universal Studios was a set tour. I went on this the last time I came here two years ago, but my mom really wanted to go so I was dragged along. I'm actually pretty amazed by how much they changed the little things in it! The montages on the screens were redone, we were shown different parts of the studio, and people did different things on the set! For example, we passed by the Bates Motel on the tram and last time we could only see the mother's dead body staring down at us from the house. This time Norman Bates was bringing out the woman's dead body to stuff in his trunk before he noticed us, upon where he charged us. I'm fairly saddened though, because he only got to the last car and I was in the front. And he was hot even from a distance. When we went up the hill on the tram (the road loops behind the house), I could still see him glaring at us. It made me giggle a great deal.

So next Thursday is my birthday. Because it's also one of my friend's (C.M.) birthdays, we decided to do a double birthday party. I want to be all excited about it, but I'm actually stressing over it a little. The problem is, C.M. is best friends with M.F. who virtually no one likes and A.H. and K.V. just broke up a few days ago. Everything would maybe be nice and dandy except those pieces, but it would be enough for everyone to freak out and drama to go bursting at the seams. I've been dealing with virtually everyone's shit since freshman year so I'm just annoyed and tired from everyone coming to me with their problems regardless of the environment right now. I really just want one day to spend time with everyone without having to deal with any crisis. Which is why I'm trying to tell anyone that if any drama pops up I'm just going to leave the party and no one will hear from me for a loong looong loooong time.

1 comment:

  1. I promise you now, I will not engage her in any way. I love you, you are my best friend in the entire world and the one person I really trust [besides A.D.], and it is YOUR day and I refuse to selfishly draw things out. We are broken up- done. I've got my friends from PMA and I'll chill with them if it's too awkward. You shouldn't have to spend your birthday worrying about everyone else and drama.

    Anywho, I'm glad you like Los Angeles. -^^- [You WOULD think Norman Bates is hot...] Actually, I literally HAD 'Psycho' in my hand at the Haverhill library yesterday and I was going to rent it, but Mom was like, "You can either get 'The Big Gay Sketch Show: Season 1' or 'Psycho'. Not both." That was like telling me I can either have strawberries or... you know what, I can't think of another food I love like strawberries. At any rate... no 'Psycho'.

    ReplyDelete