Thursday, May 27, 2010

You've got a pretty damn fast car thar, lil' missy

I just got my permit this morning. It was a fairly normal experience but still very confusing for me.
We walk in at like 10ish, the place is surprisingly not as packed I expected.


Not like that.

After like an hour, I finally got to the counter and get submitted for my test. Walk into the room, there's like five touchscreen computers in a row. I sit on the farthest left one and take my test. Three minutes (and plowing through 10 questions) later...
Door: CREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK.
Girl 1: AND HE WAS ALL LIKE "OMFG BLAHBLAHIMADOUCHEBAG"
Girl 2: OH NO, HE DI'N'T!
Girl 3: GYAHAHAAHA I'M TAKING THIS ON CRACK!!!
Boy: I want out...
Proctor: Shut up, you all, or I'll kick you out for cheating!
Girl 2: GUURL, I WILL FUCKIN' CYUUUUT. YOU. UP.
Proctor: No, shut up. You need to take this test otherwise you can't get your permit.
Girl 1: THAT'S LIKE TOTALLY UNFAIR!!! I AM SO GOING TO PUT THIS ON FACEBOOK AND YOU WOULD BE SO OUT.
GIRL 3: *Massive twitch* I NEED ANOTHER HIIIIT!!! *Tries to snort up the boy as a substitute for crack*
Boy: I hate you all.

This continued for like another 2 minutes, during which time I sat there quietly not bothering to read the question because I'd screw it up from that level of noise going on. Eventually they all shut up.
Another five minutes later, I finally got my required 18 questions right. I nearly bounce up and down screaming then finish up the test. 20 right out of 25. I feel good about myself!

The song of the day is "Fast Car" by Tracy Chapman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dl6yilkU1LI

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I got the exact same number right. XD When I took it, a girl burst into tears next to me.

    ReplyDelete